Punjab National Bank (PNB) consists of 6,900 branches and 9,500 ATM booths all over India. The bank has 80 million account holders which are using the bank services. Punjab national bank is considered as one of the largest banks in India which has helped many customers with their financial needs.
Punjab national bank has enabled ease of transactions for all customers with their internet banking facility. By adding the person’s account as a beneficiary you can transfer amount to your friends, family and business connections with ease. For doing these transactions you need two bank accounts, one is amount transfer (person who transfers amount) account and the other is beneficiary (person who receives amount) account.
Step by Step Procedure to Add Beneficiary in PNB
Here is the step by step procedure for how to add a beneficiary in Punjab national bank through internet banking (online platform):
- Login to your PNB online banking by giving your online credentials in https://netpnb.com.
- You have to enter your User Id and password (Please enter without making any mistakes to avoid your account from blocking for the day).
- Go to the main menu and click on the “TRANSACTIONS” you will have set of list.
- Select “MANAGE BENEFICIARY” from the list.
- You will get various options like ‘ADD NEFT PAYEE’, ‘ADD WITHIN PNB’ and ‘ADD RTGS PAYEE’. If the person is having PNB account then select ‘ADD WITHIN PNB’ else select any of the other options which don’t have PNB account. Select your option and then click OK.
- In the next page, you will be asked to fill beneficiary details like NAME and NICKNAME (You can give any name as you wish).
- Next details are about the beneficiary account number, enter this detail with utmost care.
- Then you need to click on validate (for the accounts within Punjab National Bank (PNB).
- You have to validate the account and you can select whether the account to be accessed globally or locally. The ‘GLOBAL’ access means the beneficiary will be shown to all the users of the account and ‘LOCAL’ access means the beneficiary will be shown only to the person who added it.
- The IFSC CODE of the beneficiary bank branch is to be entered and click on search/ lookup which given on the screen to check whether the IFSC CODE is present or not.
- The column is about bank name and address. Give the name of the bank of beneficiary account holder and address can be given a name of the branch of beneficiary account.
- You have to set the limit for ‘MAXIMUM PER DAY’ amount limit and ‘MINIMUM DAILY TRANSACTION LIMIT’. You can also give a number of transactions per day to be done.
- These details are to be entered with care and are to be rechecked for confirmation.
- Uptick the terms and conditions and Click on the continue button to go the next page.
- In the next page, you will be having all the details you have given like name, nickname, account number, IFSC code, the maximum limit, and minimum limit. Please check and reconfirm details given by you.
- If any of the details are wrong or there is an edit to be done, you have an option of the edit which can be done at any time.
- For security reasons, you have to enter the transaction password and click submit. If the password is correct then you will be directed to next page else you have to enter the correct password again.
- You have to confirm the beneficiary from the confirmation list by up ticking the checkbox in the row of current beneficiary account and click on the confirm button.
- The one-time password will be sent to your Punjab national bank (PNB) registered mobile number, enter the OTP in the box given in the page and click on confirm to add the beneficiary to your Punjab national bank (PNB) account.
- Now the beneficiary will be added to your PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK internet banking. You can also check the list of the beneficiary online in your PNB online account.